Welcome to our Disability Expo events
Researching and finding everything you need to support a family member with a disability can be difficult and time-consuming. Sharon Fulwood is a mother of three children, two of whom have different disabilities. At every step of her children’s development, she has needed to research disability aids and equipment, speciality products, specialist advice and appropriate support networks for her and her children. Experiencing frustrations and a disconnect in the sector motivated Sharon to do something to help others. She has made it her mission to make it easier for Sunshine Coast families, carers and people with disabilities find the support, services and products to help them improve their quality of life. She wanted to create an event to connect businesses and networks within the disability sector together with these families and carers. This is how the Disability Expo Sunshine Coast idea was born and has now become a reality.
COVID-SAFE Expo Visitor Information COVID-19 contract tracing requirements from Queensland Health are that ALL attendees at RDE – Regional Disability Expo will be required to register before entering expo. Please pre-register online to avoid any delays or queues. You will be unable to enter expo if, in the past fourteen (14) days:
- You have been overseas
- You have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You have been in a COVID-19 hotspot
- You have had COVID-19
- You have any symptoms consistent with COVID19 (symptoms include: fever; cough; shortness of breath; sore throat; or headache)
- Social distancing measures of 1.5 metres between people and or household groups must be maintained at all times
- Hand sanitisation stations and hand washing stations will be available within the expo site and will be identified by signage around expo. Attendees are encouraged to ensure that they regularly wash and / or sanitise their hands during their visit to expo
- Aggression and abuse of our staff and other attendees will not be tolerated. Anyone presenting signs of aggression or becoming abusive will be removed from expo.
- Regular expo announcements will be conducted over the expo PA system to remind all attendees at expo to ensure hygiene considerations are observed
- Social Distancing Volunteers will be engaged specifically to monitor and encourage social distancing in all walkways, on exhibitor sites and in high traffic areas
- In the event that you find yourself in a queue at the entry of expo, we ask that you practice physical distancing in your household group / individual of no less than 1.5 metres
- Please remember that no kissing, hugging or handshakes are permitted while you are attending expo
Health / Fitness Recreation / Social
After school opportunities
Advocacy Support groups
Transport … and more!
Interested in coming? Register here to stay up to date on the expos!
AttendAdmission is free! Register your email above to stay up-to-date on the expo and receive a reminder closer to the event.Register
ExhibitIf your business is dedicated to improving the lives of those with a disability or their carers, we want to hear from you!I want in!
SponsorAlign your business with this significant industry event and gain exposure as a major player to your target market.Tell me more